From My Table To Yours
April 3rd, 2020
While we are “staying in” it’s a great time to get prepared for baby to come or just meal planning in general. We all get busy with this thing called life. I personally love meal prepping as it relieves the “what’s for dinner” stress game most nights! It also reduces our chances of eating out. Here is one my families favorite meal prep recipes.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
• 2-4 chicken breasts 🐥🍗
• 16 oz of chicken broth * can use water ( if using water add the chicken bullion)
• 2 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies 🍅
• 1 can of rinsed organic black beans
• 1\4 cup of onion
• 2 tablespoons of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of cumin
• dash of paprika
• 1 teaspoon of garlic
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 to 3 drops of Cilantro Oil * I use doterra essential oils, but you can also use fresh or dried cilantro
• Your desired amount of lime juice 🍈
• chicken bullion powder to taste of you didn’t have chicken broth 😉
*I sometimes add a 10 oz can of rinsed corn*
1. Shred the cooked chicken. (I use my instant pot to cook the chicken.)
2. Take the juice that the chicken cooked in and add to your pot. *this adds additional flavor*
3. Place all additional ingredients in a crock pot and let the magic happen.
Can be topped with blue corn tortilla chips, cheese, and Greek yogurt/sour cream.